Good News People Program
Our Good News People Program is a parish-wide faith formation and education program that offers to us all an egagieng small-group process to awaken and deepen the call to discipleship and strengthen the bonds of community through prayer, reflections and action.
The intent of the program is to familiarize us with the Biblical witness of Jesus and explore the richness of the Catholic faith with the ultimate hope of inspiring new passion for and engagement in the Church’s social mission.
As we participate in the program we will use sacred scripture, inspirational readings and reflections, Church teaching, stories of faith and the cultivation of vitrue. The Good News Program offers a way to promote the New Evangelization called for in the Church.
- There will be Fourteen sessions: seven session in the fall, seven session in the spring.
- Sessions are 1 1/2 hours long and are conducted in small groups of 10.
- We will connect these sessions to our Liturgies each week.
- We will reflect on the fact that justice for all is a constitutive dimension of Christian faith and spirituality.
Some important dates:
- Monday, September 9 – A training session for the facilitators of the small groups.
- The Weekends of September 14/15 and 21/22 sign ups to be members of the groups
- October 6 – Good News People Opening Plenary for all who are part of the program
- Week of October 7 – Week One of Good News People Faith Sharing.
Pray for the success of this program – that it might enliven us to be more vibrant disciples of the Lord Jesus.